If you are buying or selling a home, or purchasing, selling, leasing or developing any real estate — and you want attorneys who will protect your interests every step of the way — Badeaux & Associates is your law firm. The attorneys at Badeaux & Associates have over 30 years of combined legal experience in representing clients who are purchasing, selling, developing or financing residential or commercial real estate anywhere in the state of Texas. Let the attorneys at Badeaux & Associates guide you through the real estate process. Even if you have an excellent real estate broker, their governing body, the Texas Real Estate Commission, prohibits them from giving legal advice. Further, the Texas Real Estate Commission contract for the real estate you are purchasing or selling, states: “Consult an attorney before signing the contract.” This page covers residential real estate. For commercial real estate, read more...
Our attorneys handle real estate matters throughout Texas. Please call (281) 486-4737 or contact us online to find out how we can help you!
Texas Real Estate Legal Services We Offer
Buying or Selling Real Estate
- We draft purchase and sale agreements for residential and commercial properties, including homes, condominiums, office buildings, retail space, and other real property
- We advise you of your rights in the earnest money contract
- We negotiate on your behalf
- We advise you on how to terminate the contract, if necessary
- We advise on due diligence issues: inspections, appraisals, liens and title issues
- We review closing documents
- We can represent you at closing
- We review HUD settlement statements, which commonly have calculation errors
For Sale By Owner
- We represent buyers or sellers in “for sale by owner” transactions
- We draft the purchase and sale earnest money contract for sale by owner transactions
- We negotiate on behalf of the buyer or seller
- We can conduct the closing at our office
- We draft and negotiate contracts for unimproved property
- If applicable, we advise you on due diligence issues to build on the property
- We draft documents for subdivision developments: Restrictive Covenants and Property Owners Association Formation documents
Seller Financing Real Estate
- We draft seller financing documentation, residential or commercial
- We draft warranty deeds, promissory notes, deeds of trust
- Sub S Corporations
- Series LLC’s
Learn more about our business law services.
We Can Be a Liaison for Out-of-State Clients Purchasing or Selling Property in Texas
Leasing Real Estate
- Draft or review commercial leases
- Draft or review leases for retail properties, strip centers
Learn more about our commercial real estate services.
Foreclosures of Real Estate
- Determine if breach of promissory note and Deed of Trust
- Determine rights of beneficiary/lender
- Offer deeds in lieu of foreclosure as alternative to foreclosure
- Post Notice of Foreclosure at courthouse
- Represent clients at courthouse sale
Contact a Real Estate Lawyer in Clear Lake Today at (281) 486-4737 or Online
We are located in Clear Lake, Texas and commonly work with real estate located in Harris County, Galveston County and Brazoria County but are not limited to those counties.