Buying or selling a franchise is an enormous decision legally and financially. Purchasing a franchise is generally a $50,000-$600,000 investment. Further, the term of a franchise contract is usually 10 years. You may already be in a franchise relationship and want to get out because you are unwilling to continue to pay franchise royalties or because of lack of support from the franchisor. This is the type of transaction that requires experienced lawyers with a combined experience of over 45 years like Badeaux & Associates. Our business attorneys located in Clear Lake will read the UFOC, the franchise agreement, and its numerous exhibits and will advise you on the common pitfalls that can make the purchase of a franchise a financial disappointment or disaster. Attorney, [Joanne M. Badeaux], is a recognized authority who has been asked to speak several times at the Houston franchise trade show on “Things To Know About Franchises.”
The Law Firm of Badeaux & Associates serve clients throughout the Houston area. Many of our clients live in Clear Lake, League City, Friendswood, Pearland, Kemah, Seabrook, Dickinson, Deer Park, Pasadena, and other surrounding cities. Call (281) 486-4737 or contact us online to find out how we can help you!
We Can Help You Every Step of the Way: Legal Services We Offer
- Representation for purchase or sale of franchise
- Review, advise and negotiate the franchise documents
- Advise on rights under current franchise agreement
- Analyze the disclosures related to the franchisor’s experience and success
- Advise and negotiate Territory and Development Agreements for multiple franchises
- Draft and negotiate a commercial lease (learn more about our commercial real estate practice)
- Form a new LLC or other entity to own the franchise (learn more about our business law practice)
Franchise Legal Services We Offer
We will read the UFOC, the franchise agreement, and its numerous exhibits and will advise you on the common pitfalls that can make the purchase of a franchise a potential financial disaster.
Feel free to give us a call if you have more questions: (281) 486-4737.